Enjoy this Crunchy, All Natural and Super Easy Dandelion & Nettle Pesto at Home
Prep time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
You can throw this seasonal recipe together in under ten minutes and use it across a whole range of healthy meals and snacks. Perfect for when you need to feed the family quickly or entertain on a budget with something a little quirky.
Dandelion & Nettle Pesto Taste:
Beautifully balanced with a slightly tart twist. Packs a wonderful crunch that gives a coarser texture than traditional pesto.
You can enjoy this dandelion and nettle pesto straight away, but you will benefit more if you allow it to infuse for a few hours at room temperature. It’s packed with naturally bountiful ingredients, but here are a few highlights:
- High in calcium, Iron and vitamin A
- Contains antioxidants that help to neutralise free radicals
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that may help with arthritic joint aches and pains
- Once you neutralise the sting it has a mild anti-allergenic effect
- High in fibre, vitamin K and potassium
- High in antioxidants
Expose garlic to air for longer than 10 minutes and it releases an enzyme that helps form a variety of organosulfur compounds. These are thought to be responsible for its potential antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and cardioprotective benefits.